To hide a column in Excel using just your keyboard, select one of the cells in the column and press Ctrl + 0 (Zero).
To unhide a previously hidden column, select the 2 columns adjacent to the one that’s hidden and press Ctrl + Shift + 0 (Zero).
The shortcut for unhide may not work for you if you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7. You will need to change the windows settings to make it work as specified below
Remove the shortcut assignment to make the application work as expected. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Regional and Language Options.
- Click Keyboards and Languages, and then click Change keyboards.
- Click Advanced Key Settings, and select Between input languages.
- Click change Key Sequence.
- For Switch Keyboard Layout, select Not Assigned.
- Click OK to close each dialog box.